Monday, January 09, 2006

Days

I once talked to an old woman
She was offering advice
when I asked her about love she said
"listen well, I'll tell you twice"
Love is a warm breeze of freedom
it's a painful yet effortless dance
Love is a game you don't know that you're playing
it's an intuitively strong alliance

When I questioned, she nodded
said "you'll know love you won't have to be prodded.
I told you this first and I'll tell you this last
this thing you call love has got a long past.
You won't hear this last but from me you heard it first
Love is the water that quenches your thirst.
and it plays with the curls on the back of your neck
it's the knowing queen of hearts at the top of the deck
only you can posses it in it's purest form
but what is a rose without it's thorns?
remember thorns can cut, love is meant to pierce the skin
so don't love too sharply or try to take a hold
of a soul that's only yours because thats what you've been told
You've got to feel it in you, and feed it, and see it grow
a boat will not glide through the water unless there's someone who will row.

No comments: