Monday, February 12, 2007

Hush

The wind hushed through the tall pale grass and I felt at once I was free
The wind hushed through the wings of a crow curoius to watch me
The blue ice and snow were frozen in time
And time was frozen still too
Tufts of field straw poked up through the snow and the glitter of snow stuck like glue
Everything seemed to be waiting for something, that something seemed ever so near
It was there but gone in the blink of an eye, the white flash from the tail of a deer.
So hushed was the wind from it's chore to announce
that the message was almost not heard
But it did not escape these cold ears on that day
I listened and breathed it all in.
The crow was then not so curious
For the line between us became thin.

fist posted 4/21/06

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great descriptions

timc said...

Thanks for your compliments on my blog. In this paticular piece, I really like the vividness of it...

Keep Writing (It's like Ironing!!).