Wednesday, April 05, 2006

View Tax?

I just recently returned from a trip to New Hampshire and a friend of mine there was telling me about a proposed view tax in her area. It left me wondering how soon that trend will be here. It's essentially a tax based on the type of view that can be seen from your property. My friend was obviously outraged and so am I. Who approves these things? Just because your town is small and boring doesn't mean you shouldn't attend town meetings. Look what happens when no one is there to dispute new laws and ordinances. It's just like the Wal-Mart issue. Any comments are gladly welcomed on these two issues. I think this beautiful area has a lot to lose if we don't start paying attention. We don't want to become New Hampshire (the live free or die state... ha)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The view tax is already here. If the market value of a property is higher because of it's views, then that value is reflected in your assessed valuation - and in your property tax bill.

Ask any municipal assessor.

Greaneyedgemini said...

This country is run by theives!